We are looking for people willing to take our rescued dogs into their homes, love and work with them, and bring them to our adoption events to find permanent loving homes.
- Volunteer training
- Food and Supplies (Kennels, treats, leashes and collars)
- Cost of vet care for foster pets
- A caring network of volunteers
- A clean loving home
- Feeding and caring for your foster pet
- Must be able to attend the full adoption event on Saturdays (11-3 plus setup/tear down) on 2-3 weekends per month to screen for the best home for your foster dog
- Screening of potential adoptive homes, per New Leash Rescue guidelines
- Transporting to and from Vet when needed
If you rent, you must provide written permission from your landlord allowing you to foster.
You must have homeowners/renters insurance and medical insurance for all household members and be willing to sign an agreement holding New Leash Rescue and our affiliates harmless.
All resident pets must be current with Rabies, DHPP, and Bordetella vaccines and Heartworm negative, and adult pets must be spayed or neutered.
You can foster up to 1-2 more dogs past the city limit or a complete litter up to 12 with a mom. Exemptions are made for country homes that do not have city limitations or those with kennel licenses.
You have your own transportation to and from the vet clinics and pet adoption days within Woodbury, West Saint Paul and surrounding areas.
All adults that live with you must agree to foster.
All dogs/puppies brought to adoption day must have had a vet check.
You do not hit, spank or yank dogs but only use No or Bad dog when training a dog.
You are willing to say goodbye and then say hello over and over again so that more dogs and pups can find homes.
For more information, please email or call P: (651) 282-1874